A MESSAGE TO OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS AND PARTNERS
REGARDING CORONA VIRUS 19 (COVID-19)
Dear Traveler And Our Valued Partners,
MCA takes nothing more seriously than the health and safety of our customers. We know that there is a lot of conflicting information circulating concerning the risk associated with the current spread of corona virus 19 (COVID-19). We know that you are bombarded with non-stop coverage of the outbreak. In such an environment, we know you have concerns about your safety, the safety of your loved ones and the safety of those you will be traveling with. We also know you have real questions about the virus itself and the risks associated with travel during this time. We want to address your concerns, provide the best information available on the virus so that you can evaluate for yourself any perceived or advertised risk, and know what extra steps MCA is taking to keep you safe.
Facts About COVID-19
* The COVID-19 virus is part of the same family of viruses that produce the common cold and other more serious infections (WHO)
* Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a contagious respiratory illness that can spread from person to person. (CDC)
* The virus is thought to spread mainly between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet) through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. It also may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads. (CDC)
* COVID-19 causes mild to severe respiratory illness with symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath. (CDC)
* For most people, the immediate risk of becoming seriously ill from the virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to be low. (CDC)
* The elderly, those with compromised immune systems or other underlying health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, lung cancer, and those undergoing chemo therapy are at greater risk for developing serious illness from COVID-19. (CDC)
* Someone who has completed quarantine or has been released from isolation does not pose a risk of infection to other people. (CDC)
Check the CDC website for up-to-date factual information on COVID-19.
What MCA Is Doing To Keep You Safe
* MCA thoroughly disinfects each of its motor coaches inside and out between charters, including all touch surfaces and air vents and filters
* MCA maintains alcohol-based hand sanitizer in every motor coach lavatory and passenger compartment
* MCA also maintains sanitizing wipes, disposable tissues and disinfecting spray in every motor coach
* All MCA coach operators are trained to screen passengers for symptoms during travel and to follow a strict protocol for isolating and separating any person exhibiting symptoms, from other passengers
While MCA cannot guarantee that no one who chooses to travel with us will be exposed to the corona virus, we can assure you that MCA is taking every precaution to protect your health, now and always. MCA considers you family and appreciates your continuing support and patience as we work through these new challenges. This difficult time will not last forever. Together, using good hygiene, good sense and good humor, we will get through this. MCA will continue to provide the quality and service you have come to expect. Simple precautions can greatly reduce your risk of exposure to the corona virus and factual information can help shield you from the corresponding spread of irrational fear by helping you understand the actual as opposed to imagined risks involved. If not immediately, soon we hope you will again allow us to welcome you aboard to a new adventure. Travel is still FUN !!